Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Okay, so I don't know if I'm the last person on the planet to know about this......but in case you guys don't already, I discovered the coolest thing this week. It's the Bountiful Baskets food co-op. How it works: on Monday you visit www.bountifulbaskets.org and place your order. Each basket is $15 with a $3 first time basket fee; occasionally there are add-ons - this week it was bread, granola, tortillas, or an extra order of produce specifically for mexican dishes. You must order at least one basket to get any add-ons, and I think you can order up to three baskets.

Then, on Saturday, you go to your local pickup site, (selected at the time of order) and get your basket. Guys, this is a seriously good deal. For $15 I got a full laundry basket full of produce. There were bananas, peaches, strawberries, canteloupe, grapes and pears, celery, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, lettuce, and broccoli. I meant to take a picture of all I got for that steal of a deal, but didn't. Anyway, suffice it to say that it is a great deal. And I thought I'd share it with my veggie lovin' friends in case you didn't already know about it, because this is perfect for us, right? It also runs year round too! One thing to note, the baskets sell out fast, so make sure to get on the site as soon as it opens for the week. I think in Utah it's 8:00 pm on Mondays.

2 comments:

  1. Huzzah! I did this and we got our first order today! I am in love, seriously! I don't know why I didn't start this when you first posted it. I got a TON of stuff. I am now planning my meals off of what we got in our basket today. Thanks so much Katie for mentioning this on here. I am really a fan!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bountiful baskets too! If you want a picture of all the produce you get, here's a picture I took of my first basket I got last summer.

    http://coryshay.blogspot.com/2010/07/im-maniac.html

    ReplyDelete