Sunday, September 19, 2010

Apple Crisp

It has been way to long! I have a recipe and it is not healthy but it is the best apple crisp I have ever eaten in my life. The recipe is similar to others but it is the way you prepare it that make is so dang good. Almost cookie like. You can use apples, peaces, pears etc.. for the fruit.

8-10 Apples- Peeled and sliced
3/4 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp flour
cinnamon (as much as you want)

1 1/2 Cups oatmeal
1 Cup butter (you can use Earth Balance butter (vegan) if you want)
1 Cup brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Flour

Put sliced apples in bottom of glass 9x13 pan, mix sugar, cinnamon and tbsp of flour and sprinkle over apples.

In bowl , mix oatmeal, softened/melted butter , brown sugar and flour.

Mixture will get lumpy and sticky (like cookie dough).

Drop clumps of mixture over apples- don't smooth out.

Bake 350
30-40 minutes

This is so yummy and perfect for the fall.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Emily I'm so glad you posted this! Not only because it looks delish, but because I know you're all still there. I've been meaning to post.....hopefully this week. Unfortunately I've fallen off the ETL wagon. Like crashed and burned, rolled the wagon and totalled it. But I do have some yummy recipes we've been eating, and I think they could easily be "healthified"....translation: leave out the cheese. ;) Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for FALL recipes! We had a butternut squash pasta last week that was so yummy! I am DYING for some Spaghetti squash too.

    Thanks for posting Em, and Kate I can't wait to see yours too! Glory BE this blog is not dead after all!

    ReplyDelete