Ta-da! Isn't that the cutest thing ever?!! Okay, I really struggle with this, because I know in my head, it's going under pants so what does it matter? But I can't help myself anyway. See, the truth is, you only save money on cloth diapers if you can stop buying them. But then they come out with new styles and prints, and they know they've got the suckers like me out there.
Anyway, in all seriousness, this is one of the Thirsties Duo Diapers. This happens to be the Alice Brights print. Let me tell you why these diapers rock. They are the pocket style that I told you before I love so much, but here's the cool parts:
- The pocket has an opening in the front and the back. This is cool for two reasons. You can stuff from whichever end floats your boat, and......are you ready for this.......you don't have to un-stuff the diaper after it's been used. The inserts agitate out in the wash. (Note: I haven't actually tested that feature out. I'm in the habit of pulling out my inserts anyway, and haven't dared tempt the fates, but I haven't heard one complaint that it's not true. I'm just paranoid.)
- It comes with two inserts as do most pocket diapers; one is the usual microfiber terry, but the other is hemp! So you get the extra absorbency at no extra cost, (although you can still stuff extra if you wish). This is nice because not only is hemp more absorbent, it's a more "trim" material; making the diaper thinner and a better fit under pants. Again, make sure the hemp insert is furthest away from baby's bum. I forgot that once. Won't do it again. :)
- This is a "two-size" diaper. Meaning, it comes in two different sizes that adjust further for a better fit than your typical one-size diaper.
- This diaper comes in the absolute cutest colors and prints ever. Really, if this diaper doesn't make you want to switch, nothing will.
- Price point. This is one of the most reasonably priced diapers I've found. Especially considering all Thirsties products are made right here in the U.S.A. MSRP for these is $18.50 for solid colors and $19.50 for prints, but if you click on the link found above, this store offers them for $17.50 and $18.50 respectively. And again, look for package deals. They're out there. I know, I know, this sounds like a lot for one diaper, especially considering you do have to buy two sizes, (still better than perfect size diapers, which usually have 4-5 sizes). But, I think this is one of the highest quality diapers out there, and (remember the hemp insert that comes standard?) this diaper is comparable in price to the BumGenius 3.0 mentioned in the last post. Way cooler diaper for the same price. (Note: BG 3.0 has been discontinued as of like yesterday. If you had your heart set on those, better act fast. There is a buy 5 get 1 free promotion going on. And watch for something cool to come from BG to replace it. I'm hoping for something to rival the Duo.)
- I almost forgot! How could I? Leg gussets! Okay, I know that sounds like a silly term. See the photo below? See around the leg openings that extra bit of fabric? That my friends, is a leg gusset, and it is the best thing ever for containing blow-outs. Other diapers have a bit of bunching fabric around the elastic casing and call it a leg gusset in the photo, (see BG image from last post) but it's nothing compared to these babies.
In short, if I was a rich lady, I'd buy a whole stash of these in girly colors for my new babe to be and Paige.....and then buy them all over again in boy colors someday, but alas.....I'll have to save up or trade in to get any more. My diaper budget has capped out for the moment.
Thanks for tolerating my diaper posts. ;) It's good for me to get it out here. Brandon's tired of hearing about my uber-enthusiasm. He can only get so excited about a "poop-sack" as he terms them.
And bear with my technologically un-savvyness. And my grammar. I tried changing some font sizes and it changed more than I wanted and I can't figure out how to fix it. And I didn't dare do the color thing, because, well.....you saw what happened last post.