Friday, July 15, 2011

Banana Pancakes

No oils. No eggs/cholesterol. No added sugar. And it was still delish! The PB flavor doesn't really come through. They mostly just taste banana-ey. I was thinking blueberries in them would be SO yummy!

Banana Pancakes

1 banana, mashed
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup "milk"
1 1/2 cups whole wheat or other whole grain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

mix wet. mix dry. mix together until combined. Use the back of a spoon to spread in pan when cooking- batter is thicker than most, but if you spread it thin it doesn't make a super thick pancake- unless of course you like that! In which case don't spread it as thin :) I cook over medium.

Enjoy!

ps- SHAY: How is the pregnancy going? Feeling well?

ps- EVERYONE: Our veggie lovin friend Katie had her baby yesterday! Yahoo! I don't want to steal her thunder, but I did want you to know! Yay for babies!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks great! Thanks!

    Yay for Katie! Congratulations!

    Thanks for asking, Ash...yesterday I had my first "I'm done being pregnant" day and so when I went out to eat I ate the nastiest most greasy junky meal because it seemed like too much effort to try and find anything healthy on the menu and I definitely wish I hadn't! I have been super good today, though, and am feeling much better. Yay for eating healthy! Especially since I am 2 and a half weeks away and I've only gained 19.5 pounds...here's to a fast recovery and getting back into shape fast :)

    And by the way, that alkaline water is the best if only for the fact that I have had no hay fever this year. I usually take a Claritin daily from about April to September. It's amazing what happens when you give your body the right nutrition? I know you all have had similar experiences... it's just amazing to me. Thanks for being good examples! It definitely helps pull me along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so these are delicious. And they are delicious with blueberries as well. We had them twice this weekend, once with blueberries and once without. Both good. We did a combination of fresh ground whole wheat, oats and flax seed for the flour. Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete