Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Golden Chickpea and Artichoke Salad

I got this recipe in a free magazine from Smith's Marketplace. Katey I hear you love chickpea's? I really like this salad and plan to make it again.

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
5-7 artichoke hearts, drained and sliced (I got mine in a big jar from Costco, you could also buy it in a can or fresh)
1/4 to 1/3 cup sliced almonds (if desired, toasted)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley

1. Heat oil in skillet. Add chickpeas and cook over medium-high for 10 minutes, stirring only to prevent burning, until chickpeas are golden brown all over. When done, transfer chickpeas to large mixing bowl and set aside.

2.Add more oil if needed to pan and saute sliced artichoke hearts until browned. Add artichokes to chickpeas.

3-Add almonds, lemon juice, salt and parsley to chickpea mixture. Eat!!!

5 comments:

  1. Were yours marinated artichoke hearts or is it possible to buy just plain? I have only ever seen the marinated kind. This looks so yummy by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, mine were marinated but I rinsed them off before I used them. I don't know if they have some in just water or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this salad. I made it again today and loved, loved, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look fantastic! And I do love chickpeas! I've always been intimidated by artichokes though....since I don't have a clue in the world how to prepare one, but canned looks like a good idea to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em! I had this for lunch once this week and quite liked it! Thanks so much for posting it :)

    ReplyDelete