Saturday, May 1, 2010

FYI and a question...

I don't know if you guys will even care about this or not... but today I made my whole wheat biscuits and used the original recipe and it really was so much better. It calls for 3/4 cup white flour, 1 cup wheat flour, and 3 tbsp. wheat germ instead of ALL whole wheat with the wheat germ. If you are completely boy cotting white flour you have my praise- but in case you were willing to bend a bit I wanted you to have the really yummy version.

As a bit of an update- we are not doing Eat to Live 100% right now. We are trying to incorporate it into our life in a level that is comfortable, but I'm not stressing about it. Has anyone been withholding recipes because they are not completely ETL appropriate? If you are... please don't. I personally would still love to hear them when you have time to post... like Whit: didn't you say you had a good pasta recipe?

I decided yesterday that I really WISH I was a vegan. But it's really hard! So maybe someday.... but for now I am just taking it slow and making healthy changes at a rate that is comfortable for our hectic life. Although I must say that I am SO grateful for what I have learned from ETL, and I am still SO excited about it. We have made a few permanent changes so far and I hope to keep making more. So if you have anything to share from ETL still do! Em, I am SO impressed that you have been able to be so dedicated! Please keep sharing your success and your recipes with us!

Much Love to you All-

Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment