Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I am so excited to share this new healthy recipe with you. I am sure that not only will your taste buds love you but your husbands and children’s as well. I have wanted a raw “granola” recipe for a while or something close to that. I did not want nuts; only seeds and I found it just a few days ago.

I am going to give you the original recipe and then I will tell you the way I did it.

Pecan Bars

1 ½ cup sesame seeds

3/4 cup honey
1c coconut

¼ cup powdered milk
½ c sunflower seeds

½ tsp vanilla
½ cup pecans

Place seeds and coconut in 11x8 pan, toast in oven 400 for 15 minutes. Put honey and powdered milk in sauce pan and bring to boil; remove from heat and add vanilla. When seed mixture is done toasting pour honey mixture over the seed mixture; stir well and press together. Allow to cool; cut into bars and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Make about 16-18


MY WAY

No pecans. I used ½ cup pumpkin seeds (green, in bulk at health food stores or health food isle), ¼ cup flax seed (omega 3), ¼ cup honey and ½ cup AGAVE (my new favorite thing), 1 tsp vanilla (I love VANILLA a little too much). Those are the only changes I made. You can do whatever the heck you want. You could add dried fruit, almonds or chocolate. The sky is the limit!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.

Love,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment