Monday, March 15, 2010

King Corn

Well it's official. I'm never eating again :)

We watched King Corn last night.

Thanks for the recommendation Kate. I can see why you felt a little crazy after you watched it. I'm feeling it too.

I do have to say though that I really appreciated the explanation that they gave as to HOW it got to be as bad as it is. I had only the idea in my head of power-money-hungry people who took things over. It was all pure evil! While I know that there certainly is corruption happening I appreciated them pointing out that the changes in American agriculture also started in an effort to make food more affordable to American families, and I believed that to be sincere.

It's sad the consequences those changes have had though. I for one am more committed to eating whole, unprocessed foods. I did a search too for local organic farms but unfortunately they are still very much out of our price range. Someday though.... In the mean time we'll do the best we can with what we have :)

Love you all!

Ashlee

3 comments:

  1. I have got to get my hands on this. I am excited to watch it. I am still waiting on my two from the library, I thought they would be ready long before now. Katie, didn't you say this is available on...something else, not just video? or am I dreaming? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit, I can't remember which ones I got at the library and which ones online...but we usually search through youtube, and google video and have found lots of things that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok...King Corn is on my to watch list too...so much info, so little time!

    ReplyDelete